LEESBURG, Fla. – TEDxLSSC will feature 14 local speakers at this unique style of event on February 15, 2019, at the Lake-Sumter State College campus in Leesburg.
The theme of the event is “Transformation”. Seating is limited, so anyone interested in participating is encouraged to register by the early bird deadline of Dec. 15, 2018.
“TEDxLSSC will give students, faculty, staff, and the community an opportunity to interact and dialog while being exposed to new and exciting ideas,” said Heather Elmatti, co-organizer for the event.
TEDxLSSC speakers for 2019 are:
- Steve Clark, Asst. Dean of Math & Sciences at LSSC
- Mark Duslak, Director of Student Development at LSSC
- Nicole Duslak, Director of Educational Opportunity Programs at LSSC
- Danielle Flood, ECHO Media Relations
- Dr. Scott Hopkins, Dean of Arts & Letters at LSSC
- Paula Jones, Instructor of Nursing at LSSC
- Merry Lynn Morris, Asst. Director of USF Department of Dance
- David Laurence, Sr., Creator and Co-owner of the Scuba Gym & David Laurence, Jr., LSSC Alumus
- Jacklyn Pierce, Assistant Professor of English at LSSC
- James Simons, LSSC Student & Army Veteran
- Aaron Thiessen, ITEC Engineer & UAV designer
- Dr. Heather Rader, Pelvic Physical Therapist
- Laura Ross (performer), Lake County’s first Poet Laureate
TED is an annual event that brings together the world’s leading thinkers and doers to share ideas that matter in any discipline — technology, entertainment, design, science, humanities, business, and development.
In the spirit of “ideas worth spreading,” TED has created TEDx, a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. TEDxLSSC is not organized by TED Conferences, but is operated under a license from TED.
Registration for the event is available online at tedxlssc.com.
|Registration||Before Dec. 15, 2018||After Dec. 15|
|LSSC Faculty and Staff||$15||$25|
|TEDxLSSC Event Details|
|Friday, February 15, 2019|
|9:00 am – 4:30 pm
|Paul P. Williams Auditorium
9501 US Highway 441
Leesburg, FL 34788