In support of the COVID-19 order that Gov. DeSantis signed on April 29, Lake County Commission Chairman Leslie Campione signed an order today providing additional protocols and guidelines for residents and businesses. To view the order, visit https://bit.ly/LCEmergencyOrder.
“This order was implemented to protect the health and safety of our residents, businesses and stakeholders as we begin the process of re-opening our county,” Campione said. “Residents should always assess their own risks and make decisions accordingly. Consider using a mask when you’re in public spaces where adequate distancing is not possible, especially when indoors.”
Persons 65 Years or Older and Those with Underlying Medical Conditions
- Senior citizens and individuals with a significant underlying medical condition (such as chronic lung disease, moderate-to-severe asthma, serious heart conditions, immunocompromised status, cancer, diabetes, severe obesity, renal failure and liver disease) are strongly encouraged to stay at home and take all measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- Employers are encouraged to allow employees who fall under the requirements of section 1 above the ability to work from home if able; in the alternative employers are encouraged to provide flexibility with leave time to ensure such employees are protected.
- Employers are encouraged to allow any employee who can work remotely the ability to do so.
Business Protocols and Guidelines
- Unless otherwise specified below, employees and patrons must practice social distancing by staying at least six (6) feet apart.
- Occupancy for grocery stores, big box stores, pharmacies, or hardware stores shall be limited to a rate that allows for the maintenance of at least six (6) feet between patrons and employees.
- Checkout points and staging areas, including storefronts, must be monitored for social distancing requirements by means of marking floors or similar actions to maintain six (6) feet between all persons inside the facility.
- Appropriate signage must be posted throughout each physical location reminding patrons and employees to observe the social distancing requirements.
- To the extent feasible, touchless hand sanitizer stations will be provided for patrons and employees at each business location.
- Childcare facilities/homes should follow the CDC Guidelines attached to this order as Exhibit A.
- Restaurants shall operate as specified under Executive Order 20-112 along with adhering to additional guidelines outlined in the order, https://bit.ly/LCEmergencyOrder .
- Groups of people greater than ten (10) are not permitted to congregate in any space that does not readily allow for appropriate social distancing.
- All boaters using any waterway in Lake County shall comply with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission Executive Order 20-09 which requires the following:
- Recreational vessel occupancy is limited to no more than ten (10) persons per vessel.
- A minimum distance of 50 feet between recreational vessels and any other vessel shall be maintained; provided, however, this distance does not apply to mooring fields, public or private marinas, or any other permanent installed wet slips, and does not apply to vessels underway unless they are tied, rafted or moored to another vessel.
- Religious services held in churches, synagogues and houses of worship are considered essential activities rather than essential services, and as such, are not subject to the requirements or penalties set forth in Lake County Resolution 2020-33 as amended by Resolutions 2020-34 and 2020-35 which address retail establishments, essential service providers, social and recreational gatherings, and daycare facilities.
- Pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Order Number 20-91, senior citizens and individuals with significant underlying medical conditions, shall stay home; but if they choose to leave their home for purposes of engaging in religious services, they are hereby advised they are putting themselves at risk of contracting the COVID-19 virus.
To sign up for the latest emergency notifications regarding COVID-19, text COVIDUPDATE to 888777 or visit www.lakecountyfl.gov and follow Emergency Management at