Lake County is partnering with the Florida Department of Transportation to celebrate Mobility Week Oct. 25 through Nov. 1. To help bring awareness to safe, multimodal transportation choices, LakeXpress, the county’s fixed-route public transportation service, is hosting the following free events.
- Monday, Oct. 28 – FDOT’s Alert Today Florida Initiative Pedestrian & Bicycle Safety Event at the Citizens Boulevard Bus Transfer Center. This pedestrian and bicycling awareness event will emphasize the important of safe walking and bicycling practices. Staff will distribute safety-related promotional materials.
- Tuesday, Oct. 29 – RouteShout 2.0 Training and Route Planning at the Citizens Boulevard Bus Transfer Center. LakeXpress will have a travel trainer representative to answer questions and show patrons how to use RouteShout 2.0, schedule and maps.
- Wednesday, Oct. 30 – LakeXpress Passenger Appreciation Day at the Citizens Boulevard Bus Transfer Center, Ardice Avenue Transfer Center, and FDOT Park & Ride. LakeXpress staff will distribute giveaways.
- Thursday, Oct. 31 – “Try Transit,” which includes free rides all day on LakeXpress buses.
- Friday, Nov. 1 – Helmet fitting and bike-on-bus training at the Citizens Boulevard Bus Transfer Center. LakeXpress in partnership with FDOT will host a bicycle fitting station to distribute bicycle helmets to transit patrons who use a bicycle for their last mile of connectivity. Staff will also demonstrate how to safely load and unload bicycles from the front of LakeXpress buses.
“We’re excited to bring the residents of Lake County a variety of transportation opportunities during this year’s Mobility Week, we encourage residents to get out of their cars and try a different mode of transportation by using LakeXpress,” said Jill Brown, Office of Transit Services Director. Visit www.ridelakexpress.com for a consistent user experience across multiple platforms including mobile devices, tablets and desktop computers.