Growing Bolder, an award-winning program revolutionizing the way people experience aging will launch a national tour of Launchpad to What’s Next Live on May 30, at 7 p.m., at the Sharon Morse Performing Arts Center. This unique, inspirational event will be taped for national television and will feature a host of celebrities and motivational experts sharing entertainment and cutting-edge information on longevity, health, finances and more.
Marc Middleton, founder, and host of the nationally-syndicated “Growing Bolder” TV and radio programs said the one-night event will be like no other.
“We all wonder, ‘What’s next?’ and want to create our best lives possible,” Middleton said. “Launchpad to What’s Next Live is a high-energy, entertaining event that will answer life’s most important questions while inspiring and empowering healthy, active aging.”
The inspired program features iconic stars from the world of music, television, sports, medicine, wealth-management and more. From Emmy Award-winners to Hall-of-Famers to Olympians and world record-holders, the star-studded lineup includes:
- Roger McGuinn, founder of The Byrds and member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Rowdy Gaines, three-time Olympic gold medalist and sports broadcaster.
With special guests:
- Diana Nyad, motivational speaker and author, who at age 64 became the first person to swim from Cuba to Key West without the aid of a shark cage.
- Lisa Lynn, personal trainer to Martha Stewart and author of “The Metabolism Solution.”
- Jean Chatzky, NBC “Today” show’s financial editor and author of “Make Money, Not Excuses.”
- Dr. Roger Landry, highly-decorated flight surgeon and author of “Live Long, Die Short: A Guide to Authentic Health and Successful Aging.”
- Jim Smith Jr., known as Mr. Energy, a renowned trainer, motivational speaker and author of “The No-Excuse Guide to Success,” which was nominated for the NAACP Image Award.
- Dr. Bill Thomas, longevity guru, and author who has been featured in TED talks, “The Washington Post” and “The New York Times.”
Middleton, an Emmy Award-winning broadcaster, champion swimmer and author, whose newly-released book, “Growing Bolder: Defy the Cult of Youth, Live with Passion and Purpose,” is drawing rave reviews, said he intentionally chose The Villages for the tour’s opening night because of the community’s emphasis on active, healthy living.
“We believe this event will change lives forever for the better,” Middleton said.
The May 30 event will be taped for national television and will air later this year on PBS. Tickets are $35 for reserved seating. Guests are urged to purchase tickets early to get preferred seating.
Tickets for the event can be purchased online at www.TheSharon.com or by visiting The Villages’ entertainment box office at 1070 Canal St.